Saturday, October 6, 2007

Ah! Here's October. Time to think.

Another month comes in bringing the thought that 2007 is passing by. Time flew for me this year. Lots of things happened during this time and they've left me with mixed feelings but richer in experience. After 3 years of hard work and not so much fun, I left my previous job and got into a new one. And ever since then, things have happened at such a breakneck speed that it took me a while to realize that I need to slow down and think. Yea, 'think'. That's an effort for me. Using my gray cells. But just as couch potatoes need some physical activity once in a while, so do people like me who treasure their brains and never use them. I need to jog it mentally once in a while.

So as a starting point, I picked up this book of puzzles published by Mensa. And that was the mistake I committed. It was the mental equivalent of climbing Mt. Everest in my regular Sunday gym gear (which consists of a track suit and a pair of sports shoes both of which I have never ever used for the purpose they were bought). It was devastating. The puzzles remained puzzles. And to be honest, when I tried to cheat, the solutions in the last page were incomprehensible too. Doh! Homer Simpson would be proud of me.

But I did not lose heart. I picked up my daily newspaper and started to do the daily crossword. Another big mistake. I pride myself to be an acrostics enthusiast but I hadn't tried one in ages. I am now eagerly waiting for tomorrow's paper for the crossword's solution. I am clueless and I haven't filled even a single cell.

Now I need to figure out where to start. Probably I should start where it all started. Right about the time when I got this silly thought that I need to slow down and start using my grey (or is it gray) cells. I should just stop thinking about it. In fact I should stop thinking. I will just watch the Formula I Shanghai Grand Prix where the cars will just keep going in circles till the time someone feels enough is enough and waves a flag (a flag that reminds me of a crossword. Aargh!) to say the race is over and some chap is declared a winner. Well, as the last year's champ Fernando Alonso commented, even the winners are declared off the track. So what's the use of watching the race to see who wins? Non sequitur. Logically speaking its highly illogical. I will just go to sleep. Now that's a good thought! Looks like my head's not lost its edge after all. Before I close, a change of topic. Check out the lines of the new Infiniti Q37 coupe. Jeez! whattacar! Cool design. The caption says "Intensity captured. Patience rewarded". Nice.

No comments:

2018 - Thattathin Marayathu to '96 and an Apple Watch

The title of this post kind of sums up my 2018. I admit that I have been quite irregular updating my blog for the past few years. Having ...