Saturday, September 1, 2007

Start of the long weekend

Another long weekend and absolutely no plans! And that's how I'd love to plan it. It felt good to wake up around elevenish and glance out of the window only to see people walking their dogs. Of course, perfect weather to do so. What can I say about them? Sleep for some is a luxury they cannot afford :-) But not for me. Especially after a busy week at work (yea, I think someone put a spell on my free time after what I had mentioned in my last blog. It was a g-r-i-n-d on Thursday and Friday). And, on Thursday, after a hard day's work, it was great to watch James Blake and Fabrice Santoro battle it out in the US Open. A thriller of a five-setter with the match swinging either ways every set. I hope the rest of the matches are like that this year. I'm looking forward to spend the rest of the weekend watching the tournament. One downside though, the TV channel has put Burn Notice off the air for 2 weeks till the US Open gets over :-( I really wish they hadn't done that. The adventures of Michael Westin are just starting to get interesting. Came as a rude shock when the TV channel put the ad and said that the series had been put off for the tourney. I don't know how many of you will agree with me but its a well conceived plotline with a great narration. Well, you get to win some and lose some. The Monk has been going downhill this season.

Anyways, while these past few months have been relatively cool for me, I've ended up putting some undisclose-able amount of lipids around my already bulging equator (simply put, I've become fatter!! Oh, how I hate saying that). I've made a resolve to burn them out. What better way to do it but by grabbing a can of coke (no diet coke for me) and surfing the internet for weight loss programs? All you have to do is type Weight Loss in Google search bar and you will get an obscene number of programs telling you to do this or to do that. Probably, the only way they succeed to do that is by lightening up your wallet. I think its time that Google trimmed down the search algorithm for a good weight loss program. Coming back to my point, before the coke can was half empty, I came across this great site (hold on and read further, before you point fingers at me and accuse me of advertising for someone) for tracking your diet and daily regimen. Its a government initiative and really seems to be promising. Looks like even the government is worried about me getting overweight. Anyways, before I forget, the site is http://www.mypyramidtracker.gov/ (run by U.S. Dept. of Agriculture). Exploring it gave me quite a few new insights into the kind of food I'm supposed to be taking versus the food I've been taking so far. And what a real exercise is compared to my idea of workout (which is, in case if you are wondering, a 15-minute slow walk everyday after lunch to shake off my guilt of having a bag of "koorly (curly) fries" and a big burger). So if you are not planning for any crash diets like me, and want to shed your pounds/kgs surely but gradually, then you can find some good inputs on this site. I'm gonna start on my WL program after this weekend is over. In the meantime, I will grab that bag of non-fat chips (they taste yuck!) and get back to the TV to watch the US Open. Its 40-0 set and matchpoint for the calories in the match starring calories vs. me. Er... my bad. But I'm gonna make it a tiebreak. At least!!

No comments:

2018 - Thattathin Marayathu to '96 and an Apple Watch

The title of this post kind of sums up my 2018. I admit that I have been quite irregular updating my blog for the past few years. Having ...