Sunday, September 2, 2007

Dude, Clean up!

Have you seen that new Radio Shack Back to School (Dude, clean up) commercial? Sweet. One of the many chores I had reserved for this long weekend was to clean up my pad (aaarrrgh!). I’m moving out of here the coming weekend. And the commercial explains my lifestyle and how! Every morning on my way out, I used to make a resolve to myself that I’d clean up in the evening before I switched on the TV. Never happened. So here I am discovering that there’s more stuff to throw than a normal U-Haul truck could carry. And I’ve got more stuff to pack than I can fit in my big suitcase. That’s Plan A. Fit all that stuff into one suitcase. If that doesn’t work, I will resort to the oldest way to pack, that’s Plan B, just throw in the stuff into the suitcase and sit on it while I try to zip it up. Hope that works. If that does not help either, then I guess its Plan C - last option. I will have to shop for a new suitcase. Desperate situations call for desperate measures.

So, while I was doing all this cleaning, I came across these areas of carpet where I had never set my foot on. Clean as a whistle and soft as the day it was laid. It felt so nice for the feet to sink in into these virgin areas where no man had ever stepped before. Now I know how Louis (or was that Neil?) Armstrong felt when he set foot on the Moon. One small step and a giant leap in podiatric comfort. The next area in the list to clean up is the bathroom.... Tricky area. I am not sure how in the world I’m going to do that without rubber gloves and pine sol. Thankfully, the kitchen’s clean ‘cuz I could never cook anything that’s not microwaveable. Some comfort.

Lesson? I’ve made a resolve to myself that in the new place, I am not gonna leave those Subway foot-long wrappers on the floor, CDs on the coffee table, CalTrain tickets on the dresser or any such thing. Period. Note to self, "Dude! Clean UP!"

No comments:

2018 - Thattathin Marayathu to '96 and an Apple Watch

The title of this post kind of sums up my 2018. I admit that I have been quite irregular updating my blog for the past few years. Having ...